Friday, April 13, 2012

Here is Rollin.

     We are happy to introduce Rollin, the GTT that recently joined our family.
     The bright yellow seat will make us  noteworthy on the road, even for those that have no idea what a GreenSpeed is.   We want folks to know we are there.




It may not be the  SS Enterprise, going where no man has gone before, but 
as the captain, this is where I get to sit.  From here I can boldly choose the proper gearing, turn the trike, and decide when to stop for ice cream.  





      In light of,  the last rain event we experienced, we are happy that Rollin came with Ortelieb, waterproof, panniers.  After our last wet riding foray on Rosie, I took everything out the non waterproof,  panniers, and spread them out on the  retaining wall.  It looked like we were having a garage sale, but gave me a chance to inventory what was in there.  I even took somethings out, but not my trusty duct tape.  And yes, I found my gloves.



Tony's stoking power and the mountain drive,  take place here.



 Years of long distance running enable Tony to help us out run dogs and deer flies.  He is my "super stoker."  If I say, "deer fly alert,"  or dog alert."  he knows he needs to put the metal to the pedal, NOW.   Deer fly season isn't here yet, but I know the little buggers are already plotting ways to ambush us.  They especially like it when we are on an incline.  We're easy pickings then.


On gargantuan hills, Tony kicks the mountain drive in with a flick of his heel, and we spin up the hills like a pair of senior citizen's waltzing up the stairs.   We might be slow, but we are graceful, and eventually get to the top, without breaking a sweat.  (unless it's a brutally hot  day with no shade. In those conditions,  Superman might even sweat.)  

     Rollin's chain was very clean, so we decided to continue using White Lightening Wax lube on it.  Boeshield T-9 , is what we have used in the past, but it seems to be leave Rosie's chain dirtier,  This wax lube comes in a blue carrier oil.  I shake the bottle well, and then apply it the chains, and let it dry , overnight.   I will need repeat this ritual about every 300 miles.    

     Riding has been elusive for us, this week.   Tuesday morning we had about 1/2 inch of snow and strong winds.  When the weather became more agreeable, our job schedule interfered, and I came down with a whopper of a cold, even missing work because of it. This weekend doesn't look much better, and our schedule is quite full.  Hope the climate  and my health, will be more cooperative next week.  

The rain jacket I ordered came, but they sent the wrong size, and didn't have the right one for an exchange.   I couldn't find anything I really liked.  Finally ended up ordering  from a different  company.  Got  a  Bellweather Stormchaser.  It is both waterproof and windproof, 1 jacket, for double duty,  so the panniers will be less crowded.   I am one of those people that read reviews, and this rain gear got good ones.  They only make it in Men's sizes, I ordered a small, hope it fits.   


 Happy to finally share some pictures of Rollin on here.  Sad that we won't be able to ride until nest week.  Stay tuned for more adventures.   (dramatic music, plays in the background.)
  
       
  

     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment